Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Date in PCDATA?

/ Laurie Mann <laurie.mann@ansys.com> was heard to say:
| Not necessarily.  When you send documents out for review,
| it can be VERY HELPFUL to know when you printed it off.

When I send out documents for review, I always put a version number on
them, and diligently bump that number the moment after I've sent a
version out for review.

| >What's important is *when was it
| >last modified*. For this, I think entities serve just fine:
| >
| ><!DOCTYPE ... [
| ><!ENTITY last-modified-year "2000">
| ><!ENTITY last-modified-month "Aug">
| ><!ENTITY last-modified-day "07">
| ><!-- or even, let CVS/RCS handle it -->
| ><!ENTITY last-modified "$Id$">
| >]>
|
| Would you need to touch the DTD every time you wanted
| to print a date, or could you defined this in an
| entities file?  (Actually, it looks like you
| could put the entity definitions into the driver...)

The entity declarations go in the individual document(s).

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The art of being wise is the art
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | of knowing what to
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | overlook.--William James