Subject: DOCBOOK: [BUG] cannot validate under these environments

Hello Norman and folks,

I cannot validate my "book" xml document against the Docbook XML DTD 4.1.1
beta 1 in the following environments:

- XML Spy 3.0
- the xmlproc command-line utility for parsing
- the sgmls (?) utility, called from Emacs psgml mode and coming
with the Jade rpm package

But unexpectedly it validates under M$ XML Notepad.

The error messages differ, but:

- for xmlspy it is "This file is not
valid: dtd error: text is not well-formed after entity-resolution
(please verify all entities). ". The highlighted entity in dbpoolx.mod is
the mediaobject.content.module parameter entity.

- for xmlproc and sgmls, the error is about the character entities.

More details upon request.

Keep up with the good work,

Best regards,

-Sylvan