Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Support for target=?

/ Bob Stayton <bobs@sco.COM> was heard to say:
| I'm faced with converting to Docbook some legacy material
| that has markup for both frame names and popup window
| names, and I currently have no where to put that information.

That's the problem.

| I took a look at XLink, and the "xlink:show=new" attribute
| of a link element indicates that the link should appear in
| a new display. But XLink doesn't seem to provide an
| attribute to indicate the target *name*.  I presume this
| would be a non-XLink attribute of the link element?

Hmm. I had momentarily forgotten that we've postponed most linking
issues to post XLink. I wonder if this isn't a deficiency in XLink,
though...hmm...

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The last act is bloody, however
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | fine the rest of the play. They
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | throw earth over your head and it