Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: TeX backend bug, parser problems, and more CDATA

Norman Walsh wrote:

> I've switched to using the following hack for excluding external
> content:
>
>   <inlinegraphic fileref="source.c" format="linespecific"/>

That's great, and we use it all the time, but we're currently changing
all of our <graphic> and <inlinegraphic> tags to <mediaobject> et.al. to
be compatible with DocBook 5.0 and beyond.  Here's what we've hit upon:

        <programlisting>
<inlinemediaobject>
          <imageobject>
            <imagedata fileref="source.c" format="linespecific">
          </imageobject>
          </inlinemediaobject>
        </programlisting>

The <inlinemediaobject> tag has to be left justified, otherwise you get
an indent in the first line of your program listing, just as with
<inlinegraphic>.  Other than that it seems to work OK.  Has anyone found
a better way to do this?

Cheerio!

Bob

Robert McIlvride (robert@cogent.ca), Cogent Real-Time Systems