Subject: Re: SV: DOCBOOK: Strange newlines in HTML output

* Rune Enggaard Jensen <Runej@aloc.dk> [Dec 07. 2000 14:34]:
> > If you do not like it, then use another smarter processor.
>
> ... or use, e.g., tidy to prettify the HTML files afterwards. See
>
>   http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/

Unfortunately tidy has a few short comings, and I have found it
difficult to use in batches because it complains too much.

Tidy also can choke on input, so you are not guaranteed that your input
is processed.

I looked at jTidy, which has the same problems, but which -- being a
Java program -- also have hooks in order to be used as a SAX parser for
the HTML-part.  I could not get massaged input though.

What in my eyes would be perfect, would be a JTidy frontend to
SAX-confomant parsers, which allowed us to use HTML files directly.
This might require work though, as it does not appear to be the goal of
the current maintainer(s).

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen                   "...sound of... Tubular Bells!"
  http://bigfoot.com/~thunderbear