Subject: DOCBOOK: line numbering

I have searched through "DocBook: The Definitive Guide"; however, I
could not find solutions to my questions...

Is there a way to line number a Docbook document?   This is needed for a
document review.

Also, is there a way to conditionally include rationale statements into
a Docbook document?    Some readers would like to know the rationale
behind certain subjects.

George Kraft IV
gk4@users.sourceforge.net
Linux Standard Base