Subject: DOCBOOK: PDF notation in docbook (images)

I have EPS images which when making pdf output (via pdfjadetex), I
like to convert to little PDFs so they can be included in the
document -- pdfjadetex doesn't accept EPS.

I have to put this in my internal subset whenever I do that (no matter
if DocBook 4 or 3):

  <!ENTITY % local.notation.class "| PDF">
  <!NOTATION PDF SYSTEM "PDF">

This seems like it should be included in DocBook automatically.  Is
this a valid DocBook RFE?