Subject: DOCBOOK: Chapter breaks

I've noticed in some books and novels that when a chapter changes tone
or moves points of view but the subject matter stays the same it
places a break in the chapter. In stead of making a new chapter
because the subject matter is the same but maybe the point of view has
changed or the author is skipping forward in time he/she will place a
small horizontal line seperating the two sections centered. like this:

				=====

I was wondering if docbook had a tag for this. I thought of using
sections to break up a chapter but I didn't want to actually display
those sections or label them. They're more like an anonymous section
break. Another idea was to use <para>&mdash;</para> but this was left
justified and the line was a little thin and short to have the desired
affect.

--
Blood is thicker than water, and much tastier.