Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: SGML/XML to MS Word 97 with given styles?

Roman Suzi wrote:

> Probably someone on this list knows of some (free) software
> to convert SGML/XML to MS Word format (with tables support).
> The problem is that I need to use custom MS Word styles
> and templates, which can't be changed by me.
>
> Can DocBook/Jade do it?

Partially. DocBook, Jade and DSSSL stylesheets can produce RTF with
tables and graphics, but styles are assigned only to headings,
everything other has "normal" paragraph style.

> Does DocBook support page links like:
>
> see page <<No>>

Yes and no. DocBook has element xref, which can be used to make
cross-reference to another place in document (chapter, table and so on).
Rendering of this element is defined in stylesheet and can be changed to
include page number.

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz