Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: simple question

/ Teresa Zahn <tzahn@liquidthinking.com> was heard to say:
| I was wondering if someone had a list of characters which are not allowed in
| tags. I need to do some clean-up on files that have been given to me.

For XML, see http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#charsets, especially
productions [4] and [5] in Section 2.3.

For SGML, things are generally even more constrained, but can be
influenced by the SGML Declaration.

| Any feedback would be much appreciated.

All of this is irrelevant for DocBook documents, of course, since all of
the DocBook element names are strictly US Ascii.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Labor, n. One of the processes by
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | which A acquires property for
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | B.--Ambrose Bierce