Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: tagging package names (rpm, deb)

/ Peter Ring <pri@magnus.dk> was heard to say:
| And now that we are at it, what would be the preferred way to mark up the
| dependencies between packages and other resources in a computable way, i.e.,
| in a way that could be derived from a package description, or, even better,
| could generate a package description?

If I was doing this, I'd design a vocabulary just for this purpose.
Something concise and tailored to the task. I'd generate DocBook from
that format for documentation.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Anything more than the truth would
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | be too much.--Robert Frost
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |