Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Silly relatively-newbie question...

On Tuesday, June 19, Michael W Zappe wrote:
> ... I now need to have them
> output into a frame-based format that my employer preferrs --
> basically, having the TOC in a left frame, and then all of the other
> content in the right frame.

Mike,

The website dtd and stylesheets can do somehting similar to what
you're asking, and without frames.

What's needed though, (and I've been meaning to do this...) are
stylesheets that'll convert docs marked up in full DocBook XML to the
Website DTD. Since there is no unique mapping from DB to WS (website
has no book or chapter -- only a website, webpages, and sections.), I
haven't gotten around to writing anything that has general utility.

Anyway, take a look at the new website release at the sourceforge
site:

 http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/

For a glimpse at some hacks/demos I made to illustrate navigation icon
stylesheet tweaks, see this page:

 http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/ws2/

You'll get the idea.

Cheers,
Mark

Mark Johnson
Duke Physics        <mark@duke.edu>
Debian SGML         <mrj@debian.org>
Home Page:          <http://dulug.duke.edu/~mark/>
GPG fp: 50DF A22D 5119 3485 E9E4  89B2 BCBC B2C8 2BE2 FE81