Subject: Fwd:DOCBOOK:

Mats,

Thanks for the info, but people seem to be missing my point. I have
no problem writing an SGML or XML document, just as I have no problem.
writing an HTML document. But unlike an HTML document which I can publish
with a browser, I can't figure out how to publish the SGML/XML document
since I can't get Jade to work under Windows/MS-DOS.

==> Bob

____________________Forward Header_____________________
Subject:    DOCBOOK:
Author: "Broberg; Mats" <mats.broberg@flir.se>
Date:       11/1/01 11:11 AM

From: oaksr@tc.faa.gov [<mailto:oaksr@tc.faa.gov>]

> I am very interested in using DocBook to prepare software
> documentation and for writing technical papers.
> Unfortunately, although I utilize a "real" computer system
> (i.e., UNIX) for programming and maintaining data in an
> Oracle database, I am forced to use a Windows PC for
> documentation. I say unfortunately because I believe that MS
> Word is the worst word processing program that I have ever
> used and I've been using word processing software for 20 years.

Bob,

I am also interested in using DocBook on a Windows platform and to perhaps
find a more user-friendly XML/SGML application than emacs (no offense to the
emacs-users on the list, but that is how we people with a non-programming
background feel).

Anyway, you might be interested in the following e-mail from an Arbortext
sales person.

The epic editor version 4.2 includes the DocBook DTD as part of the package,
the 15k Euro price is no longer applicable. If you are interested the price
would be 695 Euros for the Editor and 165 Euros Maintenance for a fixed
license.

Epic 4.2 also enhances Arbortext's long-standing support of XML standards
through an industry-first combination of full support for XSL by offering
both XSLT and XSL-FO publishing engines.  Because XSLT enables online
publishing and XSL-FO enables print publishing, organizations that implement
Epic 4.2 can build an automated multichannel publishing system.