Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Problems with images

--AyMxp50UHmBw7FcH

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 08:46:52PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:

> I'm including images in my documents in two formats, EPS and JPG. I
> think that EPS is the format that I must use if I want the images to
> appere on the final PDF... and JPG are for the HTML output with jade.
>=20
> I remember I used a program called 'dvipdf' that I can't find now on
> debian that worked fine. So, I installed dvipdfm that seems ok. But it
> can't include images!! It fails with the following error with every
> image, and produces a pdf file without images:

I think what you want to do is

a) leave off the file extension for format=3D"eps" in the SGML
b) tell the stylesheet not to add a default one
c) generate a PNG or PDF image from your original image for inclusion
   in the PDF output

For an example of how to do this, take a look at the Selfdocbook.

Tim.
*/

--AyMxp50UHmBw7FcH

--AyMxp50UHmBw7FcH--