Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Concrete proposal for #480954: Extend textobjecttoinsertexternal files

Norman Walsh wrote:

> | For some application it may be useful to have also format or type
> | attribute here. One can say that format of file is java or text/java and
> | stylesheet can apply syntax-highlighting on the file.
>
> Hmm, but what should we call that attribute?

I see three candidates:

format - this is used for almost same purpose for graphics, but cann't
be used now, because format isn't CDATA it is predefined as a list of
image format identifiers

type - it is used in several markup languages to hold MIME type of data.
However MIME approach is not currently  used in DocBook, so this change
would be quite inconsistent with a rest of DocBook.

language - it is used in classsynopsis for same purpose.

Now, after summarizing it, I think that last variant (language) is most
appropriate.

					Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz