Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Linking in DocBook V5.0

/ Bob Stayton <bobs@caldera.com> was heard to say:
| This is why I think it is not yet practical to let
| <para> or other higher constructs be simple xlinks.  The
| current delivery mechanisms can't express that very well.
| And if it can't be expressed, I doubt it will be used much.

Yes, that's one of the factors that motivates me as well. We'll have
enough trouble with nested inlines. (And, btw, my gut reaction is to
generate broken HTML. The browser ought to handle nested links, gosh
darn it. Oh, I know I'll get talked out of it, but that's still my gut
reaction.)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | A man must have grown old and
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | lived long in order to see how
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | short life is.--Schopenhauer