Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Linking in DocBook V5.0

/ Daniel Veillard <veillard@redhat.com> was heard to say:
| > | Popup a list to select an item from (or somethink).  Make it a
| > | backlinked standalone document.
| >
| > I don't know how to do that in any of the popular presentation systems.
|
|   I don't know any popular direct DocBook renderer either, does
| this mean we are loosing our time using it ;-) ?

I don't think so, but I'm probably biased. I don't think your analogy
holds, though. My point is that there aren't any popular presentation
systems (at all) that reasonably handle multi-ended links in an
interoperable way. If there were, we could filter DocBook to them.

The fact that there's no native DocBook presentation system is neither
here nor there.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | There is always some accident in
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the best of things, whether
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | thoughts or expressions or deeds.