Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Functions like php.net

/ sanger@math.muni.cz (Michal Sanger) was heard to say:
| In PHP semantic I have declaration:
| string MyFunction(string param1, string param2[, int number]);
|
| and I don't know how to type it in DocBook =(
| When I use what I see in examples like:
|
| <!DOCTYPE funcsynopsis PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"
|    "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd">
| <funcsynopsis>
|  <funcprototype>
|    </funcdef>
|  </funcprototype>
| </funcsynopsis>
|
| I receive:
| string MyFunction (param1, param2, number);
| string param1;
| string param2;
| int number

There's a switch in the stylesheets to select between K&amp;R style
and ANSI style function synopses. If you turn that switch to 'ansi', I
think you'll get something closer to what you want.

| Also the same problem, when I use:
| <refnamediv>
|       <refname>mail</refname>
|       <refpurpose>Sending e-mail</refpurpose>
| </refnamediv>
|
| I have:
| Name
| mail - Sending e-mail
|
| but I would like to have:
| Mail
| mail - Sending e-mail

I've added an option that will do this. In the next release, set
refentry.generate.title=1 and you'll get the refentrytitle or first
refname as the title instead of the string "Name".

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Until death, it is all
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | life.--Cervantes
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |