Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Looking for a tag analogous to HTML's <code>

/ Brian Lalonde <brianiacus@yahoo.com> was heard to say:
| Is there a tag for marking up source code statements and constructs inline?

There's an odd gap here, probably stemming from the fact that inline code
is often something else (a function, a variable name, etc.).

The grab-bag for this is probably <literal>. What sort of statements do you
want to put inline?

| Another mapping from HTML I have not found is the title attribute.
| I have, in the past, used this extensively to provide additional detail WRT
| links.

This came up recently[1]. Unfortunately, no good proposals for how to
address the problem have followed.

| I am tempted to use xreflabel; would this be abusive?

Definitely. Abusing role is probably a better bet.

[1] http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook-apps/200201/msg00370.html
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | What is more wonderful than the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | delight which the mind feels when