Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook markup question -- sourcecode

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 01:55:03PM -0800, Ben Schepens wrote:
> Is it possible to properly mark up source code in a docbook file so that
> meinproc will produce html with the source code in a 'greybar' or colored
> background?
>
> I have included 2 examples of HTML files that have the look I would like to
> get?

This is most easily done with a CSS stylesheet associated
with your HTML output. You can do that with the
'html.stylesheet' parameter. If you look in the generated
HTML output, you'll see each element is output in a <div
class="elementname">, which makes writing css stylesheets
that style specific elements easy.  If you put your source
code in <programlisting> elements, and create a CSS
stylesheet that styles div.programlisting, then you can get
what you want.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com