Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: gui elements

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norman Walsh" <ndw@nwalsh.com>
To: <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 2:05 PM
Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: gui elements

> |   guioption
> |     A radio button, checkbox, select list option, or range position in a
> | GUI.
> |     A class attribute would subdivide the domain.
>
> What do other people on the list use to markup these widgets?

I am using guilabel to talk about the text that describes the checkbox or
input field.

> |   guimenu
> |     Remove guisubmenu and guimenuitem in favor of a class attribute to
> |     subdivide the domain.
>
> Six of one...

I am using menuchoice and find guimenu, guisubmenu and guimenuitem
convenient to use (but this is not really an argument against removing
them).

> |   guilabel
> |     Add a class attribute to distinguish labels for fields, fieldsets,
> |     card/tabs, dialog box titles, options, etc.
>
> What would the complete list of class values be?

Difficult. I think, at least, checkbox, radio button, choice list, tab,
dialog box, other.

--
Katharina Udemadu
Email: Katharina.Udemadu@web.de