Subject: DOCBOOK: Manpages in Linux

Goals:

I need to document all of the functions in the Companies C library.

I need the documents I create, to be able to be converted into any format

(html, manpage, etc...).

The library and main development system is on a Sco Unix System and will

soon be Red Hat Linux.

The documentation will be used by all of the programmers in the company

and will be used to help new employees learn the Company C Application.

The Company has decided to use DocBooks and XML.

Problems:

The docbook2man utility does not handle XML properly.

Some of the docbooks rules are not good for my purposes (pending).

DocBook XML is poorly documented and it is hard to find samples.

I can't find an XML parser and Validator for Linux or Unix.

Help!