Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Urgent: user experience with 4.2CR1?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> There is a bug in DocBook V4.2CR1. It's minor, a PE that was
> accidentally unused:
> [...]
> Before I publish CR2, I thought I'd make a high-priority call for
> other (negative) user experiences with 4.2CR1.
>
> If something's not working for you, please speak now :-)

The only problem I've run into is in using the DTD with Earl Hood's
perlSGML. If I try to run the perlSGML 'dtdview' command on it, I get:

  $ dtdview docbookx.dtd
  Reading catalog(s) ...
  Reading docbookx.dtd ...
  Syntax error in subset.
          Unexpected character: "E", ascii code=69.
      Reason:
          Invalid character found outside of a markup statment

What it's complaining about is the line starting with "ERROR" in:

  <![%sgml.features;[
  <![%xml.features;[
  ERROR: Exactly one of xml.features and sgml.features must be turned on!
  ]]>
  ]]>