Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Marking up tables with separators

/ Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk> was heard to say:
| How would I go about marking up a table in docbook with partial frame
| lines?
|
| Here's the content:
|
| 	    a b c * d
| 	    e f g * h
| 	    i j k * l
| 	    * * * * *
| 	    m n o * p
|
| What I'd like to do is have the *'s replaced with nice unbroken
| separators.  Is there any way of doing this?
|
| My markup is currently:

Try it like this:

 	<informaltable frame="none">
 	<tgroup cols="4">
        <colspec colnum="3" colsep="1"/>
 	<tbody>
 	  <row>
 	    <entry>a</entry>
 	    <entry>b</entry>
 	    <entry>c</entry>
 	    <entry>d</entry>
 	  </row>
 	  <row>
 	    <entry>e</entry>
 	    <entry>f</entry>
 	    <entry>g</entry>
 	    <entry>h</entry>
 	  </row>
 	  <row rowsep="1">
 	    <entry>i</entry>
 	    <entry>j</entry>
 	    <entry>k</entry>
 	    <entry>l</entry>
 	  </row>
 	  <row>
 	    <entry>m</entry>
 	    <entry>n</entry>
 	    <entry>o</entry>
 	    <entry>p</entry>
 	  </row>
 	</tbody>
 	</tgroup>
 	</informaltable>

That should work for FO and for HTML with CSS.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Reality is what refuses to go away
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | when I stop believing in
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | it.--Philip K. Dick