Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: How to switch off draft mode

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 04:49:28PM +0200, Gisbert Amm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm transforming DocBook on demand via FO to PDF within an Apache Webserver.
> This is my current environment:
>
> xerces-c1_5_1
> xalan-c1_2
>
> fop-0.20.4rc
>
> docbook-xsl-1.52.2
>
> When producing PDF all works fine, but I get a lot of messages as the
> following:
>
> [ERROR] property - "background-attachment" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "background-position-horizontal" is not implemented yet.
> [ERROR] property - "background-position-vertical" is not implemented yet.
> Error creating background image: Error while recovering Image Informations (file:/netsite/ns/httpd-81.172.20.0.227/htdocs/v2/sprachen/python//release/images/draft.png) : /netsite/ns/httpd-81.172.20.0.227/htdocs/v2/sprachen/python/release/images/draft.png (Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden)
>

> Switching off the draft mode in my customization layer doesn't help. Or didn't I do enough?:
> I thought setting
>
>   <xsl:param name="draft.mode" select="'no'"/>
>
> would switch the draft mode off, but it actually didn't. Still all this messages.
> What to do else?
>
> Any advice is appreciated.

The new page master setup that Norm put in place includes
in each fo output file a bunch of 'draft' simple-page-masters
in case they are needed by a given page sequence.  These
draft page masters have those properties, and they
are being processed by FOP, even when they are
never referenced by any page-sequence in the document.

You can turn them off by setting the fop.extensions
parameter to 1.  If you don't want fop.extensions, then you
can set the draft.watermark.image parameter to blank ''.
That also turns them off in the page masters.

> BTW: IMHO the Parameter draft.mode in the download
> XSL-stylesheets should not be 'maybe' as it was but 'no'.
> Thanks in advance.

I agree.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com