Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: another markup question -- multi-level exercises

Hi Robert,

It works that automatically, at least for us.  For example, this markup:

<orderedlist>
  <listitem>
    <para>Ordered list item 1.</para>
  </listitem>
  <listitem>
    <para>Beginning of sub-list 2.</para>
    <orderedlist>
      <listitem>
        <para>Ordered list item 2a.</para>
      </listitem>
      <listitem>
        <para>Ordered list item 2b.</para>
      </listitem>
    </orderedlist>
    </listitem>
    <listitem>
      <para>Ordered list item 3.</para>
    </listitem>
</orderedlist>

Gives us this result:

   1.Ordered list item 1.

   2.Beginning of sub-list 2.

         a.Ordered list item 2a.

         b.Ordered list item 2b.

   3.Ordered list item 3.

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 12:10:19 -0400 (EDT)
"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@mindspring.com> wrote:

>   ok, still from a newbie perspective as i work my way through
> the docbook book -- is there a recommended markup for a set of
> exercises at the end of a section, with possible sub parts to
> each exercise?
>
> 1.  blah blah
>
>    a) part a
>
>    b) part b
>
> 2.  woof woof ...
>
>    a) part a
>
>    b) more part b
>
> ... and so on.  i can see the outer list can be an ordered list,
> but can i apply a collective numeration attribute on the entire
> outer ordered list, such as Arabic/loweralpha, or must i set
> the numeration attribute of loweralpha individually on each of
> the sub lists?
>
>   or is there a better way?  always looking for good advice,
> especially if you can supply a pointer to a site with good
> examples i can pilfer.
>
> rday
>
> Robert P. J. Day
> Eno River Technologies, Chapel Hill NC
> Unix, Linux and Open Source corporate training
>
> http://www.linux-migration.org

Cheerio!

Bob

Robert McIlvride (robert@cogent.ca)