Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: hierarchical element reference list for docbook?

On Tue, Jul 30, 2002 at 03:55:41PM -0700, Norman Walsh wrote:
> | I think that would make a very useful addition to the documentation.
>
> That's what the sections in 'logical divisions' section in Chapter 2
> is supposed to provide.

Perhaps that would make it easier for readers to find the info, if the
ToC was one level deeper for this section, or if there was a
standalone ToC for it.

That's material which is highly important to writers, especially to
newcomers, and it's kid of burried into the document.

Generating hyperlinks from this section to the reference pages would
be damn useful as well.  The DSSSL stylesheet I wrote to format TDG
does produce hyperlinks here (and, indeed, does produce hyperlinks for
every occurence of a SGMLTAG in the document).  I don't think I
publicized this stylesheet on this list - it's short enough, please
find it attached.

--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique

 Copyright (c) 2002 Yann Dirson.
 Some code modified from Norman Walsh's stylesheets.
 GPL, version 2.

-->

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [
<!ENTITY parent.dsl PUBLIC "-//Norman Walsh//DOCUMENT DocBook HTML Stylesheet//EN" CDATA dsssl>
]>

;; parameter tuning
(define %shade-verbatim% #t)
(define html-index #t)

;; create xrefs from sgmltag's to the relevant refpages
(element sgmltag
  (let ((class (if (attribute-string (normalize "class"))
		   (attribute-string (normalize "class"))
		   (normalize "element"))))
    (cond
     ((equal? class (normalize "attribute"))  ($mono-seq$))
     ((equal? class (normalize "element"))
      ($mono-seq$ (make element
		    gi: "A"
		    attributes: `(("HREF" ,(string-append (case-fold-down
							   (data (current-node)) )
							  ".html"  )))  )) )
     (else ($charseq$)) )))

(mode title-sosofo-mode
  (element (refentry refmeta refentrytitle)
    (let ((version (case-fold-down
		    (attribute-string (normalize "revision")
				      (parent (parent))))))
      (make sequence
	(process-children-trim)
	(if version
	    (make empty-element
	      gi: "IMG"
	      attributes: `(("SRC" ,(string-append "figures/rev_" version ".png"))
			    ("ALT" ,(string-append "[" version "]"))))
	    (empty-sosofo))))))

  <external-specification id="parent" document="parent.dsl">