Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: alphabetical list of docbook 4.2 elements anywhere?

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Richard Lander wrote:
> > You could write a quick transform against the schema version of docbook.
> > It wouldn't take more than 10 minutes ...
>
> what is this "You could" stuff?  i'm already sufficiently challenged
> learning docbook, xsltproc, emacs and psgml at the same time already. :-)
>
> but, at oasis-open, the most recent schema link is to 4.1.2.3, as i
> read it.  no 4.2, and there is a clear disclaimer that "There is no
> official XML Schema version."  so what should i conclude from this?

Speaking of learning psgml ;-), I could suggest writing a simple DocBook
document within psgml-mode only containing the desired doctype
declaration. Force psgml to parse the DTD with C-c C-p if not done
already. Then select menuitem DTD -> Info -> "List elements"
(alternatively activate the same function by "M-x sgml-list-elements"), et
voilą.  Well, might not be the format you intended to get but using emacs'
rectangle commands or maybe even piping appropriate cut and sort commands
in a shell lead you there. And the best: It uses SGML/XML DTD directly so
you should be on the safe side with respect to the official version.

Bye,
Steffen.

--
  http://w3studi.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/~maiersn/