Subject: Re: Fw: DOCBOOK: programlisting

At (time_t)1029465981 Dave Pawson wrote:

> At 00:17 15/08/2002, Bob Stayton wrote:
>
> >I notice that the HTML 4.0 spec says the class attribute
> >can be a space-separated list of names.  That sounds like
> >you could have both element name and role value as
> >class values in a div class attribute.  But how do you
> >write CSS to deal with that, and do the browsers support
> >such syntax?
>

> John seems more up to date on css than I, but as you did Bob,
> I should be reading the specs :-)

I ignored the question because I thought my mail had already
answered it.

If you have class="foo bar baz" in an element, any of the
following selectors will work:

.foo
.bar
.baz

-John

P.S. I've only been playing with CSS very recently; I happened to
pick up an excellent book on the topic, "Cascading Style Sheets:
Designing for the Web, 2nd edition".  Highly recommended.