Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: The best way to 'include' parts of a DocBook

Am Dienstag, 10. September 2002 17:28 schrieb Ljósálfr:
> I want to create blocks of text, for example, <glossentery/>s and
>  'include' them in my text at different places.  One strategy I
> have come up with is to create a separate file for each entry and
> then add an <!ENTITY term SYSTEM "term.xml"> for each term.  This
> starts to get rather ugly if I put them all in the '['...']' of the
> DocType specifier.

hi,

You can put all your external entities in a different file so you
dont have them in DocType specifier.

But what i like most is to use XInclude.
At least xsltproc supports XInclude if you call it with --xinclude
option. But i guess other parsers do it as well.

Check this web site for more informations on modular doc book files
with XInclude:
http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/ModularDoc.html

I use XInclude all the time and by now i see no disadvantage over
external entities.

kind regards
janning

--