Subject: DOCBOOK: SGML or XML newbie questions

1. I am making some fair progress using Jade and SGML.  Should I switch over
to XSLT and XML?

2. Is this the right list to ask jade/DSSSL questions? I changed the bgcolor
attribute of the shade-verbatim-attr to lightblue.  I did it by editing the
dbparam.dsl file as root.  Not the best practice I think.  I tried to use a
jade -V option but I had trouble passing in $table-width$ because it got
interpreted as "able-width".   How is shade-verbatim-attr passed in to Jade?

Thanks,
--
mueller, mike