Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Question about glossaries

I must disagree. I use to render acronyms in boldface, not italics, which I
use for foreign words (mostly English).
I think Norm is right in not providing any default in this case.

Marcelo Jaccoud Amaral
Petrobrás (http://www.petrobras.com.br)
mailto:jaccoud@petrobras.com.br
voice: +55 21 2534-3485
fax: +55 21 2534-1809
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.

                      Dave Pawson
                      <dpawson@nildram.        Para:     Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, Bob Stayton
                      co.uk>                    <bobs@caldera.com>
                                               cc:       Giuseppe Greco <giuseppe.greco@bluewin.ch>, DocBook
                      04/10/2002 13:46          <docbook@lists.oasis-open.org>
                                               Assunto:  Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Question about glossaries

At 11:55 04/10/2002, Norman Walsh wrote:

>|> Why the content of the <acronym> elements are not rendered
>|> when generating a glossary document?
>
>Because I have no idea how best to render them in the general case.
>But I'm open to suggestions.

<em>content</em>

As a suggestion, html.

Equivalent fo perhaps? italics, same font.
I.e. nominal emphasis, inline.

regards DaveP