Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: problems with install on windows platform

At 18:50 09/10/2002, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>> OK. I'm getting used to x: or file:///////x: or similar not working.
>>
>> What I've not seen is a way of getting round it.
>
>  Okay, then like for any libxslt/libxml2 bug tell the conditions where
>this give a problem, and I will try to fix it (or get it fixed with the help
>of the Windows maintainers).
>  Preferably on the xml@gnome.org list, since it's not Docbook specific.

Heck Daniel this is XML specific.

Even the guru's on the XSLT list can't figure this out.

I think what I'm saying is:

Propose a method for resolving windows specific file locations,
and I think you could get it accepted quite widely.
No one understands the file:///c:/dir/dir/file.xml rubbish.

If its relative, no one understands what its relative to
(source xml or stylesheet or .....).

You are providing an environment within which it could be resolved
(my view - others may differ). propose a solution which is simple
and understandable. If its a worker, I feel sure adoption would come.

<grin/> then get Norm to take it to TAG for adoption!

regards DaveP.