Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Markup for exercises

Joachim Ziegler wrote:
> I'm just wondering why there is no special markup for exercises in DocBook,
> when there's something as specialized as a DestructorSynopsis which you can
> only use when you write about an OO language that has support for
> destructors.
>
> I know, I can simulate <exercise> with <para role="exercise">, but you can
> simulate everything with roles.
>
> I use exercises much more often than destructorsynopseis.
>
> Or am I missing something?

What do you mean by "exercises"?

When I talk about "exercises" I mean practical exercises,
as in an examination or class (as in a group a students
being taught a subject, nothing to do with OO programming) exercise.

HTHs,
Steve Ball

--
Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Zveno Pty Ltd         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas