Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Markup for exercises

Am Freitag, 11. Oktober 2002 18:01 schrieb Norman Walsh:

> Would this work?
>
>   <exercise>
>    <question>...</question>
>    <answer>...</answer>
>   </exercise>

I think no. From the tutorial of the Qt GUI library that I've just read:

<exercise>
Try to resize the window. Press the button. If you're running X11, try running
the program with the -geometry option (e.g. -geometry 100x200+10+20)
</exercise>

An exercise does not necessarily consist of a question. It can also be a
request for doing something, especially doing
something with the software or proving some mathematical theorem.

An exercise may have zero, one ore more solutions (for example a standard
proof and a very clever proof). Strictly speaking, only <problem>s can have
solutions.

Exercises often come in sets, especially at the end of sections.

Joachim