Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Markup for exercises

Am Freitag, 11. Oktober 2002 18:25 schrieb martin.gautier@myrnham.co.uk:
> Perhaps these might be useful? (or something similar)...
>
>     <exercise>
>      <exerciseinfo>...as in sectioninfo...</exerciseinfo>
>      <setup>...information on what is needed to setup the exercise,
> student data etc...</setup>
>      <scenario>...</scenario>
>      <question>...</question>
>      <answer>...</answer>
>     </exercise>

An exercise consists of a problem and eventually its solution(s).

In a course, when it comes to an exercise, I might say "Write a program that
outputs HELLO WORLD". There is no question/answer involved here.

But a problem may well consist of finding the answer to a given question.

Even if the exercise consists of finding the answer to a question, I do not
directly ask the question. Instead I say "Find the answer to the following
question" before.

and <solution>, respectively. An <answer> should only be allowed when the
<problem> has had a <question>. Unfortunately, this dependency is not
context-free and therefore not expressible in a DTD.

Joachim