Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: What is included in a <set>?

Hi Tom,

In answer to your question about linking between books in a set, we do the same thing you are considering, so that we can use <link>s between books.  If you want to get some ideas (particularly if you are using SGML), you are welcome to look at our in-house documentation, specifically these pages.

Top-level organization of the set:
http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-specialorganization.html#PD-BOOKSET

A wrapper file for a particular book:
http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-mainsgmlfile.html
(This lets us produce individual books and also lets us include them in the set.)

A couple of perl scripts for creating set-level and book-level indexes:
http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-collateall.html
http://developers.cogentrts.com/cogent/prepdoc/pd-collateindexpl.html
(The second is an adaptation of Norm Walsh's collateindex.pl)

Good luck, and have fun!

Bob

Robert McIlvride (robert@cogent.ca)
Cogent Real-Time Systems (www.cogent.ca)