Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Markup for exercises

Joachim Ziegler wrote:

> I just wanted to ask, after the thread is apperently dead, whether chances are
> high that there will be an <exercise> tag in the future so that I can try to

Currently there are some efforts to extend procedure content model. IMHO
procedures are very similar to excercises as excercises can contain
multiple task (or steps).

> modify the DTD on my own for now to contain such a tag (because I need
> exercises)

The problem is that no one knows how such tag will be named, what will
be its content model and whether there really will be such tag.

> or whether I should better use the <para role="exercise">
> workaround.

I personally use <procedure role="excercise"> as this allows me to
assign title to excercise and to structure content of excercise.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz