Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Re: Which attribute to use for context-sensitive help?

Tom.Slee@sybase.com wrote:

> One is that the developers supply the context ID.  We have experimented
> before with both (a) the writers writing material first, and supplying the
> context ID (element ID attribute) to the developers, and (b) designing
> conventions so the writers know what context ID the developers will choose.
> In the end, however, the extra level of indirection provides a flexibility
> that helps.

Are you using some proprietary help system, or do you use HTML Help? If
you are using HTML Help, you can specify help IDs by PI:

<?dbhh topicname="syntaxe" topicid="20001"?>

Standard XSL stylesheets then will generate appropriate mapping files
for compiler automatically for you.

				Jirka

   Jirka Kosek
   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz