Subject: DOCBOOK: Conditional text with profiling

Using Docbook v4.2 XML, I understand that I can do conditional text with
profiling. I have a couple questions:

1. Is the 'condition' attribute appropriate for this?

2. If I just have a couple words, or a part of a single sentence that I
would like to have conditional, it seems like overkill to have two
different <para>s. Is there an element that I can use, whose sole purpose
is to mark a bit of text with a profile target, yet not preclude any
children elements from being used?

For example, I'm using the hypothetical <condtext> element below:

<para>Your Linux host's networking configuration can be defined in a
number of ways. Linux network configuration can be statically defined in
text files, or dynamically assigned via a protocol such as BOOTP or DHCP.
Run the <command>ifconfig</command> utility to note your current IP
address settings. You should see that your IP address<condtext
conditon=classroom>, obtained by the <command>dhclient</command> daemon
from the classroom DHCP server,</condtext> is in the network
172.28.2.0/255.255.255.0.</para>