Subject: DOCBOOK: Which element should be used as a status ?

Hello,

I'm a newbie to Docbook (but not in XML and relative standards).
I'm beginning a documentation in this schema, and I've got some (bad?)
habits from other namespaces (standard or personal).
For example, I'm usually using a <status/> element at the beginning of
an article or a book (like in a W3C spec). What should I use in docbook
for this meaning?
Other thing, inline I'm usually making those kinds of distinctions:

<concept/> to tag the master idea of a block (useful for future
indexation)
<definition/> or <dfn/> to tag the definition of the concept
<samp/> or <example/> to tag an example relative to the definition

I understand that this way of writing is not so common, but I would be
glad to find nice and quick solution (without attributes) in docbook.

Fred.