Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: subsetting: excluding CALS table

Bob Stayton wrote:

> Create a DTD customization layer that sets:
>
> <!ENTITY % cals.table.module "IGNORE">

That's how far I got already :)
Seriously though: thanks for your reply.

> See DocBook: The Definitive Guide for help creating a DTD
> customization layer.

Yeah, I glanced over it. I just wanted to ask here, since I thought that
someone might already have code what I want :)

> If you are planning to replace <table> with something else,
> then you also need to include those declarations.
>
> If your intent is to eliminate <table> completely, then
> you will need to modify this parameter entity as well
> to remove 'table':
>
> <!ENTITY % formal.class
> 		"equation|example|figure|table %local.formal.class;">
>
> If you plan to paste in the XHTML table element
> declarations, be aware that you also need to add the
> XHTML elements listed in their content models, or rewrite
> the content models to contain only DocBook elements.

I think I'd like to disallow CALS, then allow for XHTML table elements
table, tr, td, etc, and allow for para, inline stuff, etc inside td; but
I'm not sure yet.

I'm really looking forward to seeing an XHTML table module incorporated
into full and official DocBook ...

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/