Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: sgml vs xml

Hi Ben,

I think the situation is the following: SGML is the legacy system most people get on using because it allows acceptable print output. For HTML output this is not true as XSL allows for efficient rendering.
Now if most discussions are around XML and not SGML it is because XML evolves fast, gradually replacing SGML implementations. This is notably possible thanks to the maturity of FOP processors. On the other hand SGML applications are not evolving anymore, hence less discussions.

Camille.