Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Working with XInclude / xml:base / libxml v2.4.24 andabove

At 2:02 PM -0500 2/12/03, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>It's rather libxml2 now comply to the XInclude requirement of adding such
>an xml:base at the inclusion point (when the included resource is in
>a different path ...)

I'm looking at this for my XIncluder right now, and the requirement
seems a little stronger to me. They don't even have to be in a
different path. Suppose for example,
http://www.example.com/docs/parent.xml includes
http://www.example.com/docs/child.xml

These two documents have different base URIs even though they have
the same "path". Thus an xml:base attribute must be added at the
inclusion point whenever parse="xml". The only possible exception
would be when both the includer and the included document has null or
empty base URIs, or perhaps when XPointers are involved and one
xinclude element is including a different part of the same document.

|           Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)          |
|              http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava             |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA  |