Subject: DOCBOOK: full recursive docbook

By advance thanks for your reactivity.

I need to propose a schema for an organisation
They have probably a few hundred thousands of documents (size of an
article) in various forms, not often XML (a nightmare). Docbook seems to
answer most of their needs.

Object of this question:

One law of their systems is the fully recursive linking from an article
to children.
The tree could be very long (It's about architectural heritage)
One example from one of their orgdiv
country/region/department/city/monuments/monument/monument-part/objects/
object/object-part
Sometimes it's full path, sometimes not, sometimes other paths.

	They would like to keep publishing abilities at each point, to
any depth. Be able to build valid docbook everywhere could be nice.

Is there an already docbook solution for such a problem?
If not, I got a partial proposition but...