Subject: Re: [docbook] Tools to generate pdf from docbook

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, thierry templier wrote:

> I have test saxon / fop to generate pdf doc and it
> works...

> I will try the db2latex tool. Where can I find a pdf
> generating with this tool?

There are in short terms 2 ways: (to the best of m.k.)

1.- (My preferred) use directly pdflatex from a recent LaTeX distribution
(teTeX or MikTeX are ok). Your figures should be in one of .pdf .png .jpg
formats.

2.-  Compile the resulting LaTeX with  "latex". You'll get a PostScript
file (e.g. result.ps). Your figures should be un .eps format. Check the
result with ghostview or similar (g.v. output.ps). Then transform to PDF
using ps2pdf or pstopdf.

regards,

Ramon