Subject: Re: NNTP Threads into docbook?

> Code up your processor so that a URI of the form "mid:messageId" (or
> maybe there's something better for NNTP, I'm not sure),

I don't know if it's better, but here's the RFC:
	http://www.w3.org/Addressing/rfc1738.txt

Section 3.6, location independent, message id based:
	ufzoe4dng.fsf@hotpop.com">news:ufzoe4dng.fsf@hotpop.com

This one is typically used for a USENET article, retrieving it from
the USENET server closest to you.

Section 3.7, location of a particular article in a particular group,
on a particular server:
	nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.text.docbook.misc/2543

This one is locked to a particular NNTP server, since the article
numbers will normally not be in sync.