Subject: Re: [docbook] URN for Simplified DocBook and DocBook XML

Jirka Kosek wrote:

> identifiers) but not in system identifiers. System identifier must be
> always resolvable, and this can't be guaranteed with URN.

OK. What I meant to say is more precisely worded as:

System identifier should be always resolvable in my opinion, and this
can't be guaranteed with URN.

So you can use URN as system identifier per XML specification. But you
can also create HTML page containing single large Flash animation and
this page can validate. What I wanna to say is that not everything what
is permitted in standard is also recognized as a good usage. This even
harder because good usage is usually evolving in time. If there will be
some commonly deployed service able to translate URN to URL I will be
first who will recommend you to move from URLs to URNs :-)

				Jirka

   Jirka Kosek
   e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
   http://www.kosek.cz