Subject: Re: Tables, braille and other stuff

> My idea is that the very notion of a table is completely
> layout-oriented.  Thus it should only appear in the stylesheets, and
> not in the DTD -
[snip!]
> What we really need (IMHO at least) is, like it was progressively
> done until now to get to current Docbook, to identify what we're
> trying to do when we _think_ we need a table.

Here's another example for you, of something that has a semantic
meaning, and is displayed as a table:

A feature matrix.

Ie. something that has a set of products on one axis and a set of
features on the other axis, and yes/no in the elements (or
"implemented/not implemented" or "in version >=2.0").

I think this is something that's frequently seen in DocBook type
documents.