Subject: Re: [docbook] Ruminations on the future of DocBook

Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>     Tobias> "We'd use RELAX-NG."
>
>     Tobias> This seems to be a very fine schema language, but there
>     Tobias> are others. I hope that DocBook won't again depend on one
>     Tobias> specific schema language.
>
> Well, since you can translate RELAX-NG into other schema languages
> automatically, that shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, you can translate any schema language to any other schema language,
if lossy, but that's not my point.

I mean that no feature of DocBook should rely on any feature from any
specific schema lang, and that no single specific schema lang should be
normatively referenced in any DocBook spec.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/